Diario Judío México - Ezra Bejar
San Diego, California
EB is an artist/scientist born in Mexico City and based in San Diego. His artwork is greatly
influenced by nature and culture, and a blend of artistic and scientific ideas. His style of
painting is considered abstract neo expressionistic. He mixes bold colors, shapes, and
textures; creating visually enticing and attractive paintings surpassing imagination. In his
work you will find a mixture of paint and technology; challenging notions about how
paintings are created. His paintings depict culture and nature’s beauty and esthetics. They
even share old legends and stories, similar to the way organisms grow out of a petri dish –
incubated by nature and culture. Each piece is well thought, with artistic and scientific
concepts delved into his creative process, attempting to make new connections. His art is
appreciated by people of all ages and has been shown and collected in the US, Mexico, and
- Ezra is a self-taught artist who has done independent art studies in painting and
multimedia, at the school of arts and design at San Diego State University
- His big influences are: Romare Bearden, Simon Hantai, Rufino Tamayo, and Francisco
- Ezra was trained as a pharmacologist and received a Ph.D. in Pharmacology at the
University of the Pacific, School of Pharmacy, under Dr. Marvin H. Malone.
- Currently, he’s a member of the San Diego Art Institute, the Long Beach Art Council and
scientific advisory board member of the American Botanical Council
Select Solo Exhibits
- Casa de Oro Public Library, San Diego, CA 2019
- Long Beach City Hall and LB Public Library, Long Beach, CA, 2014.
- Green Bliss Cafe, Fullerton, CA, 2013.
Select Collective Exhibits
- Collective, Artbox.Project, Zurich, Switzerland, 2019
- Collective, San Diego Art Institute, San Diego, CA 2018
- Collective, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA, 2018.
- Collective, bG Gallery, Santa Monica, CA, 2018
- Collective Artbox Gallery, New York, 2018.
- Collective, Artbox Gallery, Miami, FL, 2016.
- Collective, Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA-NCRT), 2016.
- Collective, Latin American Art Festival, San Diego, CA 2016.