The promoters of “No more Chávez,” a worldwide protest called on Facebook and Twitter for next September 4th, told Efe on Tuesday that they expect to surpass the high turnout in “One million voices against the FARC,” the march of February 4th, 2008.
“We estimate that about 50 or 60 million people will join their voices against meddling and disrespect of Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez,” said Juan David Lacouture, one of the organizers.
The march against Chávez was called last August 26th through social utilities Facebook and Twitter and posted on a website. It has been outlined as a march against the Colombian Revolutionary Armed Forces (FARC), held last year, Efe reported.
“The entire world was very responsive against the FARC and we, at this time, have found much more excitement, because everybody feels such unrest for what is going on in Venezuela. No country is alien to the attacks perpetrated in Venezuela against liberties,” said Lacouture.
Lacouture thinks that, in spite of the short-term organization, they are very well coordinated and have “sound logistics.”
The march has been supported by organized groups in Colombia, Venezuela, the United States, Israel, Canada, Peru, Ecuador, Spain, France and Saudi Arabia.
Source: El Universal